Pregnancy at age 40 Risk of Having a Premature Babies

Premature Babies - One in ten women who were pregnant at the age of 40 years and over at risk of premature delivery. Risk of premature babies received 50 percent greater than among the women who gave birth at a younger age.

Be said premature babies when born at 37 weeks gestation or less. Meanwhile, the baby is said to be normal when born in the 40th week of gestation.

Data from the Office for National Statistics (ONS) showed 10.1 percent of babies of mothers aged 40 years or older, born at 37 weeks gestation. This data is collected from all over England and Wales in 2011.

This figure is up slightly compared to 2007 only reached 9.5 percent. However, this figure is clearly higher than the incidence in women aged 25-29 who only reached 6.7 percent.

According to the ONS analysis, the number of babies born prematurely because with the increasing number of mothers who gave birth to twins, both 2 (diplet) or 3 (triplet). In 2011, as many as 6.2 percent of twin babies born to mothers aged 40 years or more. Similar conditions occurred in only 1.2 percent of babies born to younger mothers.

Meanwhile, only 5.6 percent of single babies born prematurely. The incidence of preterm clearly greater in babies born twins.

This condition is the impact of the use of the technique in vitro fertilization (IVF), to stimulate a woman's pregnancy. The magnitude of preterm birth rates also supported the birth of a planned cesarean method.

Pregnancy at age 40 Risk of Having a Premature BabiesThis is a concern for the health of British institutions, the National Health Service (NHS). With the advancement of science and medical techniques available, the institute hopes in life expectancy (survival) of premature babies may continue to rise.

The number of live births of babies with mothers aged 40 years or more, has increased fourfold over the past 3 decades in the UK. In 1982 the amount was increased to 6519 and continues to be 29,994 in 2012. But premature babies are born in a state of dying and in need of intensive care, there are still many. Babies are able to survive, it turns into a greater risk of disability.

"This condition requires that we increase the number of midwives to give more time, attention, and control of women aged 40 years or older who are pregnant. With more number of treatments can then be maximized," said Louise Silverton, director of the Royal College of Midwives.

Louise also said, birth becomes more difficult when the old lady is getting old. This is because a lot more things to consider, for example, the problem of obesity.

"Pregnancy in older age is relatively more difficult, because it requires constant attention must be given. Attention continues after birth, because they tend to have small babies or more than one," said Louise.So, pregnancy at age 40 is very risk of having a premature babies.

Source : Dailymail.co.uk
Share on : Twitter | Facebook | Google +

2 comments:

  1. My life is beautiful thanks to you, Mein Helfer. Lord Jesus in my life as a candle light in the darkness. You showed me the meaning of faith with your words. I know that even when I cried all day thinking about how to recover, you were not sleeping, you were dear to me. I contacted the herbal center Dr Itua, who lived in West Africa. A friend of mine here in Hamburg is also from Africa. She told me about African herbs but I was nervous. I am very afraid when it comes to Africa because I heard many terrible things about them because of my Christianity. god for direction, take a bold step and get in touch with him in the email and then move to WhatsApp, he asked me if I can come for treatment or I want a delivery, I told him I wanted to know him I buy ticket in 2 ways to Africa To meet Dr. Itua, I went there and I was speechless from the people I saw there. Patent, sick people. Itua is a god sent to the world, I told my pastor about what I am doing, Pastor Bill Scheer. We have a real battle beautifully with Spirit and Flesh. Adoration that same night. He prayed for me and asked me to lead. I spent 2 weeks and 2 days in Africa at Dr Itua Herbal Home. After the treatment, he asked me to meet his nurse for the HIV test when I did it. It was negative, I asked my friend to take me to another nearby hospital when I arrived, it was negative. I was overwhite with the result, but happy inside of me. We went with Dr. Itua, I thank him but I explain that I do not have enough to show him my appreciation, that he understands my situation, but I promise that he will testify about his good work. Thank God for my dear friend, Emma, ​​I know I could be reading this now, I want to thank you. And many thanks to Dr. Itua Herbal Center. He gave me his calendar that I put on my wall in my house. Dr. Itua can also cure the following diseases ... Cancer, HIV, Herpes, Hepatitis B, Inflammatory Liver, Diabetis, Fribroid, recover your ex. You can contact him by email or whatsapp, @ .. drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com, phone number .. + 2348149277967 .. He is a good doctor, talk to him kindly. I'm sure he will also listen to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really thank you for the valuable info on this great subject and look forward to more great posts. Thanks a lot for enjoying this beauty article with me. I am appreciating it very much! Looking forward to another great article. Good luck to the author! All the best! sanitas for expats

    ReplyDelete

Advertisement

Followers

Blog Archive